Window glazing is a major feature of your home’s design. Many existing homes have single glazed windows which provide minimal noise and thermal insulation. Magnetite’s retrofit double glazing system achieves a complete and sustainable solution providing significant results. Our team of estimators and installers listen to the needs of our customers to provide sustainable living and the best outcome for their home. Moreover, we back this service up with a seven year warranty.
We customise our secondary window solutions to your home and needs. We deliver this by tailoring the thickness of glazing and the size of the air cavity to fit your acoustic and thermal insulation requirements. Magnetite's double glazing system results have been proven and tested through third party accredited organisations.
Acoustic insulation, thermal comfort and energy efficiency are major benefits of double glazing. Many home owners are choosing Magnetite’s retrofit double glazing for a variety of other reasons:
- Heritage and Period Homes – Antique, stained and lead-light windows can be insulated without being replaced and without any change to the appearance of your home or window.
- Strata and Apartments - Installation can be completed without any changes to the exterior of the building.
- Sustainable Living – Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions through lower energy use and a lower impact on the environment by using existing materials instead of replacement windows that create waste.
- Government Initiatives – Magnetite was available for funding under the Green Loans scheme and the BER scheme introduced by the federal government. Unfortunately the Green Loans scheme has been cancelled but we are always on the lookout for other government initiatives that help Australians create a greener, cleaner future.
- Property Value – Double glazing your existing windows will increases your property value by improving the comfort of the home without compromising the character of the windows.
- Flexibility – the Magnetite double glazing system is able to be used on most types of residential windows, doors and skylights including sash windows, timber windows, sliding windows, casement windows, bi-fold doors and multi-panel windows.